November 29, 2022
What is a Common Issue With Social Media Marketing Plans?
In the digital age, social media usage is not just common amongst businesses but is often necessary. Due to the high volume of users, social media is a significant factor in digital marketing plans and business strategies at large. Regardless of the industry, any professional service firm can benefit from engaging on digital platforms.
How to Improve Your Digital Marketing Strategy?
A social media marketing plan outlines the corporation’s goals, strategy, and schedule for all its social media accounts. Ideally, business social media profiles will supplement the broader digital marketing plan, and serve as an additional channel for communication.
While the corporate use of social media accounts is simple in theory, if the strategy is not properly implemented, the purpose of the account may get lost. Below are common mistakes businesses make when using social media platforms, and easy ways to correct these issues to get your strategy back on track.
- Finding the right audience on social media: Brands often struggle to identify their audience on social media platforms. By regularly researching social media audience segmentations, you can directly tailor your content to align with the behaviors of your targets. This may entail posting organically, utilizing paid advertisements, or even adding specific hashtags to reach your target audience.
- Using platforms that align with the brand: One common misconception with social media marketing is that all platforms are created equally. Each social media platform varies in its audience and purpose. For example, if you are a personal injury law firm wanting to use social media to gain more brand awareness, it is not in your best interest to focus on Instagram or Tiktok due to the low volume of relevant audience members. Personal injury law firms may yield better results on Facebook content as they can promote it through revelant community groups. Though, a business specializing in consumer goods may aim to use a platform that permits video content to ensure their products are properly advertised. You do not need to have a business social media profile on every platform as long as the profiles you maintain are aligned with your brand.
- Focus on consistency: Businesses often struggle with their content scheduling. It is highly important to keep up with posting and commenting on your social media accounts. Consistency yields greater results because it increases the likelihood your message will reach its intended audience. Corporations using social media should aim to post weekly, and also advertise any relevant news or events while they are still timely.
- Posting engaging content: Another frequent mistake businesses make is the lack of creativity in their content. Even if your service is not particularly exciting, that does not mean there is no room for innovation. Creating custom graphics and engaging captions will make sure your post is not lost in the feed.
- Ignoring key analytics: Monitoring your analytics is a crucial part of your digital marketing strategy, however, it often gets overlooked. Corporations using social media business profiles should regularly check the data collected on their accounts. This will provide key insights as to what type of content is performing well, what days/times the targeted audience is most active, and other important considerations that may produce great results on future posts
Horowitz Agency- Experts in Digital Marketing
With the daily demands of running a successful corporation, a social media marketing plan may be the last thing on your mind. If you are a professional service firm struggling to formulate a social media strategy, you may want to consider outsourcing a digital marketing specialist.
The Horowitz Agency team has over a decade of experience in social media content creation and management for a wide array of clients. As experts in digital marketing, we will work with you to identify your business needs and implement a personalized approach to achieve them. Call us today at 323.347.9740 to speak with a search marketing and social media professional.